Saturday, December 19, 2009

LBMA

I love Long Beach. I love art. So why had I never been to the Long Beach Museum of Art? wtf


Well my good pal Dan Lipski suggested I see their newest exhibit this Friday(yesterday) since it contained drawn art from SoCal artists. As an added bonus, fridays are free. I just so happened to be touring my friend from Seattle around Long Beach this day as well and I must say the exhibits were nothing short of amazing.

I only took photos of two pieces (I didn't feel like being that guy in the gallery), they were the two biggest pieces and my favorites by far.

This one is called "I think I'll be a little late" and I can't for the life of me remember the artist. This thing was the size of the wall and gets into good detail of hundreds of little cars on an Escher-esq freeway. Very good.



Now for this one I have the opposite info. I can't remember the title but the artist is Adonna Khare. This charcoal sketch was the largest piece in the collection and had people staring at it for about 30 minutes just to see all the details. (Apologies for the blurry image, all I had was my phone)







The exhibit runs until Valentine's day 2010 so I highly suggest you pop your head in. If you don't want to pay you can always go friday…. but try and leave a tip for the museum so LB can see more art.


Update: The Khare piece was entitled "Elephant, Lion & Buffalo"

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Last time I went, the entire museum was an art auction, and so people were yap yap yappy. Think I'll make time to go see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I remember the Adonna Khare piece being titled "Elephant, Lion & Buffalo"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea that's it. just added an update. thanks

    ReplyDelete