Sunday, December 27, 2009

Give and Receive: Xmas Gifts 2009

So I received some gifts for Christmas as most people do; out of all of them, two were given to me in order to enhance the blogging experience.

Gift #1: A Flip HD camera

Now not only can I add photos to my entries, but also short and annoying videos that I will film with this little guy. Also, what better reason to make a Vimeo account than having a small HD video camera, eh? Although I just found out that if you don't pay for your account then you can only upload 1 HD video a week. Oh well, I still like their embedded player better than YouTubes.

Gift #2: The Elements of Style

Now don't all crap your pants at once you hipsters who want to know how to mess up your hair perfectly. This book is far from a guide to looking good. The Elements of Style was originally written in 1918 by William Strunk, a professor of english, outlining the major points to good American writing. Then revised a number of times from 1959 to 1979 by author E.B. White (Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little). With this piece of literature, you can expect to see less spelling errors and use of english that isn't not very good for me writing. Sometimes the best gifts are the ones you don't ask for.


I also got a bunch of clothes that I am more than happy with, the Where The Wild Things Are soundtrack, the Pixar Shorts DVD, a new cologne…. ladies, and a 12 pack of beer.

1 comment: