Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Zooey?

I've been seeing this face around for a little while now. I first saw it briefly on a blog I stumbled on, then again on a Bing.com commercial and then now on a York peppermint patty commercial. Alexi Wasser writes the blog IMBOYCRAZY.com and I would officially like to deem her the poor mans Zooey Deschanel.



Saying, "poor mans" sounds so negative; let me use the term "alternative" to keep everything fair. They are both kinda cute, with that same nose and similar hair styles periodically. Of course Wasser's lisp dial has been cranked up to 11 as compared to Deschanel's 3. We know they can both do humor so I wouldn't see it as a surprise when Fox Searchlight sticks Alexi in a spot that was written with Zooey in mind– and honestly I don't see a problem with that. When Hollywood can't afford Schwarzenegger they find Roland Kickinger to take his place, no big deal.I doubt Alexi can sing like Zooey since she usually just sways back and forth to hip-hop as a musical fix.
(Update 12/30: Just found out that Alexi does have her own music project)

I just think we'll be seeing more of Alexi Wasser in films and shows where Zooey could have fit just as good and that are a bit better than Cabin Fever 2 and Dirt….. but not by much

3 comments:

  1. darn! .. i lost the bet with my fiencee that the same girl from the Happening isn't in the Peppermint Patty ad. oh well, she looks so different. -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre out of your mind. Zooey is actaully pretty where alexi looks like a starving third world country child and alien. She is not pretty at all. Also she looked much better blonde.

    ReplyDelete