Sunday, July 25, 2010

Line?

So 5 minutes ago I was researching on YouTube for the text in my next art piece. It is of Jeff Goldblume in Annie Hall and his famous one liner of ".... I forgot my mantra." All online scripts and folks reminiscing about the joke online, such as myself, have all been posting it incorrectly. Most text versions of this scene have either a "hello?" in front of the line, or just nothing. First of all, he does not say hello in this scene at all. I have listened to it over and over, and I want to go on record to be the first to write what Mr. Goldblume clearly says.....

"Mr. Sudeikis, yeah, I- I forgot my mantra."

There you have it. He is actually speaking to his guru named Mr. Sudeikis. Glad I got this all cleared up, but to be honest I probably won't include that "Mr. S" part in my art piece.

Hear it for yourself. Click through to 2:40

No comments:

Post a Comment