Monday, July 12, 2010

Netherballs


Yesterday my dad and I went to my grandma's place for some homemade tuna sandwiches and the last game of the World Cup on the small screen. While watching Spain and the Netherlands capturing the ball in their backpacks (not sure of the exact rules), me and my dad were wondering what countries filled out the Netherlands so we knew exactly who we were rooting against. My grandma was diligently putting away food products while my dad and I pondered. He decided to look it up on his Google app for his iPhone. Since he has been out of the "Apple loop" for about 5 years, he has decided to make up for it by Google searching everything and ONLY searching by using the voice recognition option.

Dad: What countries count as the Netherlands?

Me: I don't know, I'm awful at geography

Grandma: Im just dumb, I don't know that kind of stuff

Dad: Here, I'll look it up (holds phone to mouth).... Netherlands

Grandma: Hey you guys want any of this cheese? Do you have this at home?

Me: The slices? I liked it, it's better than what we have at home

Dad: What? The mozzarella? 


Grandma: Yea


Dad: Oh we already have mozzarella balls at home, they're really good

Grandma: Oh ok

Me: Yea those are good, never mind then

Dad: Ah shit, it just searched for "Mozzarella Balls Netherlands"

.....

.....

Dad: Hey apparently there was a recall of mozzarella balls in the Netherlands, they were turning blue!

I think that set him back 2 "Apple years."


Here's the article: Mozzarella Balls Netherlands
Or just type in "Mozzarella Balls Netherlands" into google and hit "I'm feeling lucky"

and if you were wondering, the Netherlands consists of Amsterdam, Egypt, Alaska, and Portugal.


No comments:

Post a Comment