Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day of Walk pt. 4

Here are my select photos from my day of walking from El Dorado Park to Portfolio coffee house.

Great way to start off my Friday the 13th walk....dead duck


Spring and Woodruff


Sad


Streep sweep ballet


empty




cheaters








I love these things, the guy rides on a tiny unicycle on the back of his mower


truck plus two paramedics following, including sirens


Photo lab? i had no idea






photo: RGK


juice break: poop boost, swine flu immunity boost


toothpicks in olives


2nd street




boat launching crew


Ha




Ocean





Island in the sun






So lonely


aww thanks




museum of WHAT??!


oh.


Honor Vets End War (and suck it?)

half way to hell?

Apparently I was so relieved to make it to portfolio I didn't take any photos once I made it inside. But the bottom line is I DID make it. During my long walk I enjoyed my unique view of the city. The trip wasn't very people oriented since I walked from noon until 4 on a friday, leaving most people at school or their jobs. Next time I'll probably walk on a weekend. Although, walking on a friday let me see where my city is the busiest while most are indoors. The usual group of older men were partaking in a few rounds of El Dorado park disc golf. Street construction continued leisurely. All the moms shopping on bellflower, students walking around CSULB, joggers at the beach, people walking their dogs (and others dogs) down 2nd. Open Sesame was having its lunch rush and two strangers were discussing their ideas at The Market. The day was beautiful and even those less fortunate than most were sitting and enjoying it, holding all of their possessions and appreciating the comfort of a park bench. Some families were having a BBQ at the Bixby Park and their grilled chicken consumed the beach air. Once in Portfolio I noticed the abundance of young people either in good discussions with their friends or knee deep in computer work. As I joined them I shared their satisfaction in sitting and drinking caffeine, but with a little bit more of a feeling of accomplishment.

I'll post some sketches I did of the people I saw later.


No comments:

Post a Comment