Friday, November 6, 2009

Coffee and Cigarettes

Jim Jarmusch has to have a genius screw loose to make this film. It is so awkwardly brilliant. If anyone were to say, lets make a film in which celebrities are themselves.... and just talk to each other, some might call him crazy. The funny thing is, i love this movie, but i have never seen it. I suppose i could say that i have, but it's more in a sense of watching segments online. The population was kind enough to put each awkward encounter streaming online for my own, and others, enjoyment. As I watch Meg and Jack White's segment on tesla coils, i can only reminisce of Alice Coopers speech about the natives of Milwaukee in Wayne's World. Both pieces of comical genius.
Although, my favorite clip has to be of Iggy Pop and Tom Waits, awkwardly shooting the shit over coffee and non consequential cigarettes (since they quit). My dad has been an avid TW fan since before i was born and still is. It was the seed he planted in my head along with my appreciation for Tom's memorable scene that inspired me to make my Coffee and Cigarettes art piece earlier this year.

Iggy and Tom


My turn (March '09)

No comments:

Post a Comment