Wednesday, October 18, 2017

New Toys and Better Movies

For years I have looked up to Wacom and their incredible line of products. I always had the notion that I would someday be able to afford a beautiful Cintique monitor and create my art digitally. Unfortunately(for Wacom), in 2015 Apple released their brand new Pencil that works seamlessly alongside their iPad Pro, and all for half the price of a Cintique of the same size. I was torn between a history of high designer praise and what could easily be the flavor of the week in drawable touchscreens.

Finally, after swaying back and forth deciding on this next big purchase while stalking a few artists on Instagram to hear their opinions, I finally landed on the iPad Pro. Portability, price point, and familiarity all coincided to make it the right choice, and so far it has been!

I'm stoked how my rendition of Mariah Carey's "Glitter" as a movie about the loot boxes in Destiny came out. Presenting, GLIMMER! Starring the charming Cayde-6, voiced by Nathan Fillian.

I used the app Procreate to sketch up this dude and it felt so natural! Apple really got it right with the pencil. So far, this thing has become a perfect companion on flights and I know it will only help my art grow. Can't wait to see what else I can do!


the original


Hey look! I also posted a time-lapse video to my Instagram.
A post shared by Mike Oncley (@heyoncley) on


No comments:

Post a Comment