Monday, January 4, 2010

A death becomes him… yet again

Today I received news that stung me in the face. I learned from an experienced mechanic that my scooter is better off dead. Yet, if all limits are self imposed then I must keep with my ultimate goal.





After thinking I found the answer to my search for a valid mechanic to work on my scooter, I was sadly beaten down with the fact that finding one would be more trouble than it's worth. I went down to Gretchen's Automotive with Plex, the yellow Honda CT90, today and unloaded it with high hopes. With one look at the bike the men working said, "No can do." Apparently they work on CT90s all the time but since mine was an attempted upgrade, with a new 150cc Lifan engine shoved up it's rectum, they said that just trying to get it to work would be more work than what is assumed to be cost efficient. Being the optimist that I am I quickly sorted my thoughts of suicide and figured I had a few option of what I had left to do with this yellow menace.

1. A) Put the old engine back on, take it back to Gretchen's, have them fix it, ride Plex just as I used to

    B) Put the old engine back on, take it back to Gretchen's, have them fix it, sell it as a working ct90

    C) Put the old engine back on, sell it as a non-working ct90 for much less

2. Sell my new Lifan 150cc engine

Now if I sell it then I would be looking for a faster Honda CT such as a ct110 since I devoted months of my life studying these engines and know them inside and out; also due to the fact that I just found a place that can fix my bike that is only about 3 miles away. The whole reason I upgraded in the first place was to be able to keep up with all my Vespa toting friends who have no trouble quickly reaching 35mph as I once did. Steps 1 and 2 both have to happen, my choices for step 1 are the ones that get a little confusing.

No matter what, I will be spending money that I thought was long since retired. It won't be until I get my old engine back on and have the boys at Gretchen's take a look that I will get a valid quote and be able to accurately assess my scenarios.

Plex has been flying too close to the sun for a while now, with his wings made of money, and I think he is finally falling.

I need a hug

1 comment:

  1. death knows your name. listen to that record. it will all tie in with your scooter.

    ReplyDelete