Thursday, October 1, 2009

Can you smell it?

Yesterday was a greeaaat day. I started it off by waking up in a house that wasn't mine and eating a grilled cheese with no hesitation. Then a nice trip to the worlds biggest thrift store with Rosenthal where i acquired  half of my halloween costume (more in a moment). Then a trip to Costco turned into a trip to Its A Grind to visit my friend, get a free drink, and THEN go get Costco hot dogs. After that i completed my hunt for my dad's birthday presents. Feeling very accomplished i then played a good show at Dipiazzas with my band, followed by a lovely party at my friend Jon's house. A very good day overall, and i must say, the smell of Fall was present the entire day and i loved it.

But back to my costume. My family takes halloween very seriously, in all aspects. I guess we just love to dress up/dress things up, i mean, my mom has won the costume contest at her work twice in a row(not specifically reserved for halloween).

Well if anyone knows me they know i am obsessed with the 90's. Mainly television in the 90's. Mainly Nickelodeon in the 90's. Anyways, as another halloween rolls by, my only choice in a costume is something from the era i love the most. In 2007 i took no hesitation to dress up as a Legends of The Hidden Temple contestant with water shoes and all. This year i felt the need to pay tribute to a show i loved none stop and only till now realize how genius the show really was in it's entirety. Pete & Pete was one of the best written shows on the Nickelodeon afternoon 90's lineup. This is why on my trip to the thrift store yesterday i had to find a red turtle neck and red sweatpants to successfully transform myself into Artie, the strongest man in the world in 30 days. Granted, i didnt find any sweat pants BUT i did find the perfect turtleneck that will be caressed with blue stripes as soon as i find the time. More updates on my progress soon to come....super detailed ones, like how long it takes till i find sweats....and how i will be posing all night on halloween.....details.

No comments:

Post a Comment