Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Snuggy.... Now with Small Pox

Ok, so as the story goes, settlers come, discover America for the 2nd time, slaughter a bunch of natives, but what I want to know is how on earth did John Smith successfully deliver smallpox infested blankets to these people? Wouldn't the white guy that dropped them off get smallpox? Would he already be in some sort of stage 1 smallpox that is easily noticed by the Indian? Wouldn't he act suspicious in some ways? I could imagine,




"Hey I have a gift for you!"
"Sweet, what is it?"
"Nice warm new handmade blankets!" 
"Rad, I'm like so cold at night."
"Yea no prob bud."
"Cool... well, where are they?"
"Oh just on the end of this rope, a half-mile away"
"Oh, a bit odd, but sure. Ill just pull it i--"
"No no no no!"
"What"
"Lemme just, uh, just let me get to a good distance."
"Distance?"
"Yea... uh.... because you're gonna be soooo surprised. I just want to give you enough room"
"....alright"
"Yea so just enjoy. Be sure to stay warm tonight in those. Roll around in them and stuff."
[Captain Joe Shmo walks away]
"What a strange person. But I sure can't wait to get me some blanket action!"

I would be a little weary of those blankets from the first smallpoxy "achoo" coming off the guy (they sneeze right?)

Maybe they Just made them super fashionable and everybody went nuts for them regardless.
"This blanket makes me itch..... but it goes perfect with my buffalo skin leg warmers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment