Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Standard Eyes

Yea! Down with standardized testing. I'm not standard and neither are you!


I love everything said by Seth Godin in this video.

"What separates them from people who aren't successful isn't that they succeeded, it's that they failed more than the other people did."

It just makes perfect sense and makes you realize we are looking at things wrong, and until we learn to fail, we can't grow enough to succeed. Also his statement about not taking standardized tests for a living, especially never seeing them again after you take them, is great. It's very obvious that this is how education works but everyone just keeps lining up and spending thousands for information that is available if you just go out and look for it.

I have always pooped on education a bit, ever since I graduated high school and got dropped into mandatory GE classes in college, which I enjoyed referring to as high school 2.0. Their attempt to make a "well-rounded individual" just produced an angry, apathetic student who wanted nothing to do with their schedule.

Thank goodness I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment